Author Topic: Latio I-Key Problem + Replacement for cupholder cover  (Read 9099 times)

Offline leclair

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: black
Latio I-Key Problem + Replacement for cupholder cover
« on: August 14, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
hi

New to this forum and i just gotten resale 07 latio premium

A.  Problem with I-Key :    Can open the doors keylessly but cannot do keyless ignition. Need to insert physical to start engine.

What i have Tried so far:
1. Changed remote batt few times , results= same
2. Checked connection behind rear view mirror, Seemed all quite secure
3. Tried reprogramming the i key with the car (learned from the net)- insert then pull out the key 8 times within 10sec , pressthe remote  etc.... Result= Car no response

4. Called Nissan and guess what , First need to try to diagnose the problem est 2 hrs job @ $65/hr =$130
    Then replacement set + change sensor +whateverelse they need to do = $300++

Dose anyone know of any other ways to try to solve the problem or maybe some less costly problem?

B. Replacement for cupholder soft touch cover

My cpholder cover plastic has torn/crack near one hinge, now  cant function properly.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Called Nissan and they said must order from Japan and will be quite costly but dont know how much also???

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:50:23 PM by leclair »

Offline jonpaul0104

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
Re: Latio I-Key Problem + Replacement for cupholder cover
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
hi

New to this forum and i just gotten resale 07 latio premium

A.  Problem with I-Key :    Can open the doors keylessly but cannot do keyless ignition. Need to insert physical to start engine.

What i have Tried so far:
1. Changed remote batt few times , results= same
2. Checked connection behind rear view mirror, Seemed all quite secure
3. Tried reprogramming the i key with the car (learned from the net)- insert then pull out the key 8 times within 10sec , pressthe remote  etc.... Result= Car no response

4. Called Nissan and guess what , First need to try to diagnose the problem est 2 hrs job @ $65/hr =$130
    Then replacement set + change sensor +whateverelse they need to do = $300++

Dose anyone know of any other ways to try to solve the problem or maybe some less costly problem?

B. Replacement for cupholder soft touch cover

My cpholder cover plastic has torn/crack near one hinge, now  cant function properly.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement?

Called Nissan and they said must order from Japan and will be quite costly but dont know how much also???

for issue (a), iirc, someone mentioned that due to the gear lever switch not at P, so cannot start car with i-key...

for issue (b), i did change my cupholder previously at TCM...need to order from TCM and will arrive in abt 1month...cupholder is cheap abt $80+...total cost include labour is $129.72

Offline leclair

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
thanks JP

gear not at P? if the digital shows that it is "P" then should be "p"? no?  Means the gear box has problems?

did u replace the cupholder or just the soft touch lid/cover?  mine problem is the lid- must replace the whole cup holder + lid?

Offline jonpaul0104

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »
thanks JP

gear not at P? if the digital shows that it is "P" then should be "p"? no?  Means the gear box has problems?

did u replace the cupholder or just the soft touch lid/cover?  mine problem is the lid- must replace the whole cup holder + lid?

what I meant was that the switch is not detected at P....this is to my best knowledge...

as for the cupholder, u got to replace the whole assy....cos the cover & cupholder is 1pc....likely the plastic part holding the spring is broken as such the cover cannot spring open when pressed....at least that was what happened to mine....

Offline leclair

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »
an update for anyone present or future with similar prob.

went to TCM for diagnostics told me the central control module is spoilt.  must order the replacement and everything cost close to  $500. that was 1 whole afternoon.

Went to change after a week or so after the stock came in. same thing left the car there  for 1 whole afternoon. Then in the end they said they found out that the module near the rear view mirror  is also spoiled ( which they could only detect after the new central module was installed). This cost another $180+++ and must wait for up to 10 weeks for the stock. and of cos another appointment to fix it up.

So $600 ++ for this i key problem. which TCM claimed to be the quite "good" price as compared to others makes AD which charges from 1000$ onwards....

THen i asked i would have installed aftermarket 2 way alarm + remote start+ push start for ard $500, they said the smart key system in latio cant be bypassed? How true is that?

Expensive problem sia! hope none of you will get it.

Offline kspchew

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
you might want to try Autosavers or Autoaid. TCM is known for the high pricing.
If you are at Autosaver, Woodlands, look for Ah ming and if at Toh Guan, look for ah boon. these two mechanics are honest and knowledgeble.
Otherwise, you could contact our in house expert, Kelvin, he has a thread over this forum.

Offline leclair

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »
hi all

update on my latio and hope will be helpful to some in the future

1. Keyless entry problem was "solved" after ordering the 2 modules and waited for months for the stock to arrive from japan. then i discovered the boot will not close easily/tight. if i close too hard , it will bounce up. And wheneever i step on the accelerator, the boot will open up! I had to tie it down with elastic bands. TCm said the boot was not part of the 2 modules i bought so any work request will be charged $65.

in the end went to my mech in jb bukit indah and they fixed it for "free" as part of tyre package

2. the Drink holder finally arrived after weeks of waiting...was so happy until they said they will charge $65 for instalation. I took it and went to the same mech in BI and they fixed for me for "free" -part of tyre package

3. THe steering wheel has a problem in the horn cant be sound unless i press the upper part in the center. jb mech said it cant be fixed unless i buy a new steering wheel?!! anyone has experience on this?

4. the boot problem was "solved" bythe jb mech trying some physical adjustment on the top and bottom part of the catch. the "sudden pop up" of the boot will be totally eradicated if the electric module/sensor is removed but i didnt want the inconvenience of using the physical key to open the boot everytime. so far it has not popped up yet....

5. FYI, i changed to michelin xm2 yom3012, stock specs, with balancing and alignment at 260rm.

hope i dont discover any more problems anymore.....

Offline Inamul hassan

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: Dark blue
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
Can I have the address for the workshop in jb?

Offline leclair

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
Overseas Tyre and Services - Meng - +6012 7709242

No. 2, Jalan Indah 16/11 Taman Bukit Indah, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor