Author Topic: Latio need to replace power steering fluid?  (Read 7742 times)

Offline sstar

• Idling (800 rpm)
Latio need to replace power steering fluid?
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
didn't see this item in the service checklist, any one knows whether need to replace every 40k or 80k?  thanks

Offline kelvin

• Commercial Moderator
  • Low End (2000 rpm)
  • Car Color: silver
Re: Latio need to replace power steering fluid?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:27:41 PM »
there's no power steering pump for latio,Latio is driven by electrical motor just below the steering wheel.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:41:53 AM by dsrio »

Offline sstar

• Idling (800 rpm)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:04:54 AM »
Thanks

Offline NSman

• High End (5000 rpm)
  • :[踢踏e族]:
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:42:01 PM »
there's no power steering pump for latio,Latio is driven by electrical motor just below the steering wheel.

Like  :thumbup:
"We, the La-tions of Sillypore,
Pledge ourselves as one United Road-User,
Regardless of Bhp, NA or TurboCharged,
To Build a LTA-less Society,
Based on Modifications and No TP,
So as to Acheive Roadhog Elimination, No ERP and
Automotive Progress for our Nation."

Offline no_worries

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: GOLD
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:14 AM »
Hello, Latio is using the electric power steering. When you first turn the key to ACC, you will see the letters 'PS', i.e Power Steering on the dashboard. I believe the car's computer will run a check on the PS and if there's a fault, the 'PS' light will not go off. Else after 5 seconds, it should disappear.

Any bros here to confirm.

Offline edwardtkh

• Idling (800 rpm)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
talking about power steering, i realised that my steering is hard. Need to chu lat to turn.. whereas i tried my friend's Jazz, it is sooooo easy.. checked my tyre pressure, normal.. so i assume that Latio has a hard steering function? or my steering up lorry liao?

Offline black85

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: Gold
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:19:40 PM »
How is ur tyre condition? I previously felt my steering was hard and turning radius was larger than usual, u-turn must eat a bit left of lane. But after I change my tyres, I was shocked by the steering... Very light! Then I u-turn even more shocking, I still eat bit left lane before u-turn then end up I very right of lane at end of turn with full steering wheel to the right.

Offline edwardtkh

• Idling (800 rpm)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
How is ur tyre condition? I previously felt my steering was hard and turning radius was larger than usual, u-turn must eat a bit left of lane. But after I change my tyres, I was shocked by the steering... Very light! Then I u-turn even more shocking, I still eat bit left lane before u-turn then end up I very right of lane at end of turn with full steering wheel to the right.

my tyre condition is good. actually i didn't notice this when i first got the latio. But after trying out my friends' Honda FIT, Honda Civic, Sylphy, it seems that their steering is very light (no need to chu lat).. lol.. maybe i should ask the workshop to check my steering next servicing..