Author Topic: Baby Car Seat, what do you guys/gals use?  (Read 22386 times)

Offline aerosignal

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
Re: Baby Car Seat, what do you guys/gals use?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:31:20 PM »
I am using a 2nd hand car seat for my baby too, the real challenge is how to put him in without the crying which can really unsettle me  :crying:
Have something to entertain the kid (like favourite toy, blanket....) play some kid music. My girl cried a few times and I just let her cry. After a while, she don't cry anymore in seat because she knows its useless.

Offline aerosignal

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »
And regarding not putting the child in a carseat, please don't even think about it.  Remember the accident on the NS highway.

Strongly agreed. Look at number of accidents on the roads nowadays. Its not how careful or slow you drive. Its how the other drivers behave too. My dad was a car seat skeptic at first too but 5 days after my girl was born, he was rear-ended (old corolla). Luckily we were not in the car. Now he knows better. :thumbsup:

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »
Hi folks,

an update for my recce mission.

I didn't go to the Ubi shops. went to shop along orchard road belt as my wife has got alot of vouchers from goodness know where.  :scared: anyways, decided to get the Britax Royale from Taka liao.. BUT didn't buy it on the spot as the sales person said there is going to be a baby fair on the 8th of Aug.  :thumbsup:

FamilyManz, my kiddo coming on the 18th of Aug. EDD Anybody else around this time?? Me going to be at TMC.

Aerosignal, agreed man.. day 1 put them in.. no exceptions.  :thumbsup:

Offline FamilyManz

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »
FamilyManz, my kiddo coming on the 18th of Aug. EDD Anybody else around this time?? Me going to be at TMC.

Mums to be in August
http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17581

Congrats. 1st kiddo?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 03:02:53 PM »
Mums to be in August
http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17581

Congrats. 1st kiddo?

Thanks thanks  ;D yup first one..  :yehyeh:

Offline aerosignal

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:24 PM »
Thanks thanks  ;D yup first one..  :yehyeh:

Congrats! Enjoy your baby as much as you can! They grow up so fast! Sounds odd but I miss waking up to feed and change my girl.
The Britax Royale is a really nice and plush seat! You might want to still get a cheap basinet though because the convertibles are kinda deep and might be uncomfortable for a baby's short legs. Easier to carry baby home if he/she falls asleep in it too. :thumbsup:

Offline rodrigue

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »
Hi folks,

an update for my recce mission.

I didn't go to the Ubi shops. went to shop along orchard road belt as my wife has got alot of vouchers from goodness know where.  :scared: anyways, decided to get the Britax Royale from Taka liao.. BUT didn't buy it on the spot as the sales person said there is going to be a baby fair on the 8th of Aug.  :thumbsup:

Aerosignal, agreed man.. day 1 put them in.. no exceptions.  :thumbsup:

bro! mine coming out end aug! TMC too! haha... share share info n great bargains wor...  ;D

Offline aerosignal

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »
bro! mine coming out end aug! TMC too! haha... share share info n great bargains wor...  ;D
Wah! Here got more and more kids! Next time maybe Mega meet can have kids activities to keep the kid and spouses occupied.. Hahahaha :thumbsup:

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 08:17:23 AM »
Congrats! Enjoy your baby as much as you can! They grow up so fast! Sounds odd but I miss waking up to feed and change my girl.
The Britax Royale is a really nice and plush seat! You might want to still get a cheap basinet though because the convertibles are kinda deep and might be uncomfortable for a baby's short legs. Easier to carry baby home if he/she falls asleep in it too. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advise :) will go look see look see again tomorrow ..  :yehyeh: it's the weekend!

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »

Hahah.. CONGRATS!!! sure no problem.. u PM me loh.. what u looking for.. all the BTI (Big ticket Item) i bought liao.. now becoming like Ah soh.. tracking all the cheap bargins everywhere.. never expected myself to track milk powder, diapers price  :w00t:

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »
Wah! Here got more and more kids! Next time maybe Mega meet can have kids activities to keep the kid and spouses occupied.. Hahahaha :thumbsup:

I wanna go the meetup.. then that day got J&J baby message talk.. so i can't go  :crycry: :crycry: so sad.. i wanna change my wipers..

Offline FamilyManz

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »

actually, since my 1st kids come along..... all the meetup I go are via parenting forums.....

even the road trip Ive organised to Cameron next month..... comprised mainly forummers from parenting forum. :smile:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Offline Ying

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »
actually, since my 1st kids come along..... all the meetup I go are via parenting forums.....

even the road trip Ive organised to Cameron next month..... comprised mainly forummers from parenting forum. :smile:

Hi FamilyManz, mind telling me which forum is that? I have a 2yrs+ girl and we always go outing during weekend, be it in Singapore or Malaysia (That's also the reason we got the Latio). Thanks

Offline FamilyManz

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »
Hi FamilyManz, mind telling me which forum is that? I have a 2yrs+ girl and we always go outing during weekend, be it in Singapore or Malaysia (That's also the reason we got the Latio). Thanks

IdoBaby

Cameron Road Trip

Offline FamilyManz

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »
Hi folks, been surfing the net the whole morning trying to find a car seat for my little one coming in mid Aug. So far, Britax and Cosco seems to be the better brands. I'm looking for those suitable from birth to about 4 years old kind. budget about $300++.  From some of the parenthood forums there is mention that not all car seats fit properly in different cars. So am wondering what Lation are using.

Comments, Advises Lobangs?

u can consider this :)

http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18893

I dun really recommend those from birth til 4+...... but to each his own rah :)

Offline Latiorarri

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 09:41:22 PM »
u can consider this :)

http://idobaby.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18893

I dun really recommend those from birth til 4+...... but to each his own rah :)

thanks bro, hee but today my boss and the rest of my work kaki tell me they going to sponsor me one  :yehyeh: hahaha no need to buy liao  :bleh:

Offline FamilyManz

• Mid Zone (3000 rpm)
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »
thanks bro, hee but today my boss and the rest of my work kaki tell me they going to sponsor me one  :yehyeh: hahaha no need to buy liao  :bleh:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

but i still suggest ya get the bassinet & chop their carrot on a good one for 9mths & above :bleh:

Offline Panerex

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: red
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:15 AM »
Digging up this thread as i am looking for a car seat now, intending for a combination one from newborn to 18kg.

Is it true that latio sedan 2007 manufacture does not support isofix system?
Is it really better to have a isofix system car seat?

Looking at britax now as i heard it is a reputable, robust and sturdy brand.

Any of you using this brand? If yes, which model do u recommend?  I have been hearng alot of royale and first class plus.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Toalson

• Low End (2000 rpm)
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »
Used the combi coccoro when baby was about 1mth old till he was abt 2 and switch to combi buon jr recently. :thumbsup:

Get them during istan member sale as you will not get further discount and rebate anywhere else.  :yehyeh:

Offline tower22

• Cool Engine (0 rpm)
  • Car Color: Red
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
I got the Joie-Stages carseat (which won the dont know what red dot award) for newborn to 7 yrs recently.. Fit quite nicely in my ride and my 4mth boy didnt complain much  ;D.